Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, lebanese green beans stew. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
If you enjoy Lebanese cuisine then you will love Lubee, aka Lubia or Lubieh. A simple, hearty green bean, tomato, and beef stew. I grew up eating Lebanese food.
Lebanese green beans stew is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Lebanese green beans stew is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have lebanese green beans stew using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lebanese green beans stew:
- Make ready 250 g green beans, cut into smaller pieces
- Prepare 200 g meat cubes (beef or lamb or both)
- Make ready 1 medium chopped onion
- Make ready Salt
- Take 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Prepare Bay leaf and cinnamon stick
- Make ready Oil to fry the meat
- Get Water
- Prepare Additional flavors
- Take 1 chopped garlic clove
- Get Small pinch of coriander
- Prepare 1 tablespoon olive oil
Cut in half and rinse in cold water. Brown lamb cubes and onions in butter, or a little water. Add salt, spices, chopped tomatoes and water. Serve with rice pilaf with sauteed pine nuts.
Steps to make Lebanese green beans stew:
- Start with frying the meat cubes with the bay leaf, the cinnamon stick, and half teaspoon of black pepper
- DO NOT add the salt at this point. If you add salt the meat will release its water and dry out.
- Cook the meat until brown, then add the green beans, the chopped onion, and the salt. Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Check the beans after 10min and flip them a few times. But don’t mix with spoon because it will break the green beans 💔
- After 20 min, add warm (not boiling) water. Cover again and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Optional: fry the chopped coriander and garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil. (Those three ingredients together will release my favorite and the most amazing smell in the kitchen 😍😍😍)
- Add the fried corianger and garlic to the green beans stew 5 minutes before you turn the heat off. Remove the bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
- Serve with rice on the side and enjoy!
Green beans, tomatoes, almonds and chickpeas are simmered up in a lightly spiced tomato base to make this cozy and flavorful Lebanese green bean stew. Waiting tables is rough work—I know because I did it for years. Add the beans, sprinkle over the cumin and cayenne and mix well together. Lebanese Green bean stew (loubyeh b'zeit) Loubyeh b' zeit or green beans in olive oil (although, technically, it's tomato sauce) is a Middle Eastern vegetarian one-pot dish. Loubia bi Lahme (Lebanese Green Bean and Meat Stew) Loubia bi lahme is another easy dish you should add to your dinner repertoire.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food lebanese green beans stew recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!