Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
These are stuffed with either meat and spices, meat and rice, or rice and herbs for a vegan version. I'm going out to harvest my koussa zukes. They are a lovely small size like those in your photo.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama:
- Get 1 kg baby zucchini, washed
- Take 3 tomatoes, cut in slices
- Prepare 1 tablespoon tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup of water
- Prepare 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 3/4 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- Take For the stuffing:
- Take 250 g coarsely ground beef
- Prepare 3 onions, finely minced
- Take 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Take 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Take 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
CREAMY, NOT WATERY ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE: Many zucchini casserole recipes are disappointingly bland and watery- not this zucchini casserole. In a deep bowl, mix the stuffing ingredients together. First- brown sausage in a large skillet. Cut zucchini while you are doing this and throw it in the skillet as you are cutting to get it softened a bit.
Instructions to make Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama:
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing.
- To prepare the stuffing: fry the pine nuts and onions in 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil until pine nuts are slightly roasted and the onions are soft.
- Stir in the meat, pepper, cinnamon and salt. Cook for 10 min until the meat is done. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Stuff the zucchini, making sure they are fully stuffed.
- In a saucepan, fry the stuffed zucchini in ¾ cup of vegetable oil, turning them every few minutes until both sides are slightly brown. Remove from oil and arrange them in a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to medium heat.
- Put the tomato slices on top of the zucchini and pour over the dissolved tomato paste. Add enough water to cover the zucchinis and tomato slices.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and bake in the oven for 30 min or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with vermicelli rice.
- Note: You can find the recipe 'vermicelli rice' under my profile.
To make it vegetarian, I substitute chopped mushrooms for ground meat, to great effect. The koussa are usually served warm, and a dollop of yogurt goes wonderfully with them. Casserole with ground meat and zucchini. Photo "Casserole with zucchini" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. This particular zucchini was bequeathed to me (as such things usually are) by a friend's mother.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!