Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, mini heart shaped berry pies. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mini Heart Shaped Berry Pies is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Mini Heart Shaped Berry Pies is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mini heart shaped berry pies using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mini Heart Shaped Berry Pies:
- Get 1/2 cup unsalted butter diced and chilled
- Make ready 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 2-4 tablespoon ice water
- Get 1 cup mixed berry compote
- Prepare 1/2 cup Nutella
Instructions to make Mini Heart Shaped Berry Pies:
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the cubed butter on top.Combine the butter into the dry ingredients until all flour is coated. You’re looking for pea-sized bits of flour coated butter.
- Drizzle the ice cold water in, 2 tbsp at a time, and stir after each addition. Stop adding water when the dough comes together easily and begins to form large clumps. The dough will feel moist and a little sticky, but not feel overly wet. Do not add any more water than you need to.
- Place pie dough on a lightly floured work surface. Using floured hands, fold the dough into itself until the flour is fully incorporated into the fats. Form it into a thick disc.
- Wrap each disc tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 5 days before using in a pie recipe.
- When rolling out the chilled pie dough discs, use gentle force with your rolling pin. Start from the center of the disc and work your way out in all directions, turning the dough with your hands between rolls. Smooth out the edges if you notice cracks. Keeping your work surface, rolling pin, and hands lightly floured makes rolling out easier.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut hearts out of the pie crust.Place half the hearts on a baking tray. Set the other half aside. Add a layer of Nutella and generous spoonful of berry compote to the middle of each heart.
- Using your finger (or a small brush), spread the water on the heart so that it completely covers all of the exposed crust around the filling.Place another heart over top of the filling and gently press down with your fingers to line it up and start sealing it.Press down around the edges with a fork to seal it all in.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 to 30 minutes. Enjoy with your favorite icecream.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mini heart shaped berry pies recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!